Friday, August 29, 2014
Stylish, but a bit pricey? Still might just be what you need for those camping trips, retreats, or mission trips.
FIND OUT MORE OR PRE-ORDER AT "Q-BRACLET"
Posted by JH Uth Guy Dan at Friday, August 29, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
ANOTHER SLIGHT TWEAK ON A FAMILIAR CLASSIC, REBORN AND REMIXED JUST FOR YOUR JH/MS MINISTRY!
USE CLASSIC "STEAL THE BACON" GAME AND RULES:
The object of Steal the Bacon is to take the "bacon" back to your own side without being caught. In this game, two teams are chosen, An object is required to the bacon. (beanbag, rag, eraser ...) The members of each team are numbered. They form two opposing lines and place the bacon in the exact center of playing space. The leader then calls out a number. The players on each side who are assigned that number are the players for that round. They must run out and try to get the "Bacon" Neither player may touch the other until someone touches the bacon. Once a player touches the bacon however, the other player may tag him/her. If a player is able to grab the bacon and carry it back over to his/her own side, that team scores a point.- From Games Kids Play.
TUNNEL RATS GAME:
In this version each team lines up in a single file line facing forward toward the center. You can have the teams line up side by side or face in toward each other. When played in a gym you could have the first person of each line standing on the center court circle. When the player's # is yelled, the whole team must spread their legs creating a "tunnel". The player that's number is called must then run to the back to the line and crawl like a rat through the tunnel and out and be the first person to grab the "bacon".
- In this version you can use the tag rule or you can simply make it a race.
- For a more challenging version you can have 2 or more "Bacons" available, and call out a second # a few seconds after the first.
- This game can easily be played with more than 2 teams for larger groups. We have played this game with 4 and 6 teams and having more than 1 "bacon"
Bonus Idea: (*from my time as a Youth Pastor in Wisconsin)
- Since it is called "tunnel rats", I used a large foam cheese head for my "bacon"!
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
READ MORE (at NY Times)
Monday, August 25, 2014
9. Put a Swear Jar in the Middle of the Table at the Next Staff Meeting?
8. "Adopt a Teen" Where People Actually...Adopt One of Your Teens?
7. Sell Gold Circle VIP Seating for Sunday Morning Services?
6. Street Racing for Money in the Church Van?
5. Selling Girl Scout Cookies!?
4. Make Your Own Apple Cider to Sell? (*real story...FAIL!)
3. Slot Machines in the Church Lobby?
2. Youth Ministry Logo Yoga Pants!?
1. Challenge People to Pour a Church Urn of Hot Coffee Over Them to Raise Awareness for Your Missions Trip?
Friday, August 22, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
This talk includes:
-Student Fill IN the Blank
-Student Fill IN the Blank
RECENT POPULAR POSTS
The new year is almost here and it is going to be so exciting!! Your spouse took you to the mall and bought a new spiffy outfits for the ...
Five Ticking Time Bombs Are Hidden and Time is Running Out. Which Team Will Find Them Before It Is To Late to Save Your Next Retreat....C...
The Oh So Very Inspiring Kroger's Clearance Section, Right after Summer Sale!! Brings You a Quick Cheap Idea for Your Next Youth Grou...
This is one of those classics, that has been floating around in file folders and computers for literally 18 plus years. I remember playi...
Series Overview and Idea: A 4 week lesson series on worship and seeing our world through our connection with God. When we live a li...
LESSON: "ANGRY WORDS" * Key Passage: Matt. 5:21-22 Introduction: (something like) "Just like the game of &quo...
People don't realize it, but youth ministry can be a dangerous job!! So move over "A Million Ways to Die in the West", &qu...