Monday, September 22, 2014
But even the names alone of some of the popular reality shows, could easily be about JH/MS ministry if you thing about it? SO...Here this week's ran-dumb top 10 list of names of reality shows that could easily be about JH/MS Ministry??
10. 19 Kids and Counting?
9. Dirty Jobs?
8. Flipping Out?
7. Preacher's Daughters?
6. Running Wild?
5. Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
4. The Bachelor/Bachelorette?
3. What Not To Wear?
2. Impractical Jokers?
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Supplies: "scoop ball" sets, 2 goals, a way to identify teams and large play area
Basic Rules: Pass the ball teammate to teammate and try to score a goal for your team (lacrosse-style)
Explanation: All you need is a bunch of "scoop ball" sets. You can pick up a set for $1 or even less this time of year! You will need at least 6 sets, so you have 2 team of 6 players. If you have more students and a larger area you can make the teams as big as you want. A team identifying suggestion is to buy 2 different colored scoops.
You will also need 2 goals. You can use anything you like for a goal. I would suggest something upright to throw though, not into. We use an ultimate Frisbee circle (see above). A hanging hoola hoop, hockey goals or even basket ball hoops are a few other options.
The rules of the game are very simple each team is trying get the ball into their goal. The ball is passed from person to person using only the "scoop". You can play full running style similar to a real game of lacrosse and the ball is scooped, passed, and shot with no real stop in the game. A second safer option is to play "ultimate Frisbee-style" where each player has 2 steps to either pass or shoot. If the ball hits the ground team possession changes. Both version it also optional if you want to have a goalie or not. One other suggestion to keep things from getting out of hand you can also include "fouls" where team possession switches for unnecessary roughness or contact.
Posted by JH Uth Guy Dan at Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
But a growing number consider texting on a dated smartphone even worse.
For teenage apparel retailers, that screen-obsessed teenager poses a big threat in the still-important back-to-school sales season.
Muscle shirts and strategically ripped jeans no longer provide an assured spot for retailers like Hollister and American Eagle Outfitters in the marketplace of what’s cool at an American high school. The social cachet these days involves waving the latest in hand-held technology....
READ MORE AT THE NEW YORK TIMES
Posted by JH Uth Guy Dan at Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
10. What is your preferred dodgeball brand?
9. Here is a can of Spam, what is the first game idea that comes to your mind?
8. Chubby Bunny: For or Against?
7. The Message or KJV1611?
6. WPMT? Words per minute typing...No? It stands for "Waterballoon Per Minute TIED!
5. Do You Have Bus Driver CDL?
4. If the the Sr. Pastor Were to Come By, During My Nap Time, What is the Correct Answer to "Where is He?"
3. Is It Okay If We Pay You in Rolls of Quarters from the Pop Machine?
2. How is Your Aim with a Nerf Gun?
1. Would You Mind Smelling This Pile of Lost and Found Clothes From the Boys Retreat Last Weekend? How Do You Feel About the Job Now?
Thursday, September 11, 2014
They are offering up all a whole collation of motion backgrounds and sermon series graphics for Free!
CLICK HERE (to get in on the freebies...and send them a lovely thank you note or some flowers)
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
A Quick FREE"One Hit Wonder" for the Back to School Season, to Challenge Your Student to Pack Their Bags Both Physically and Spiritually.
TITLE: "PACK YOUR BAGS"
Key Verse: Luke 2:48-52
Object Lesson: Book Bag, A Cell Phone, Books, A Lunch Box/Bag, and Bible
- 1. Your Phone (Social Life)
- Question: "What Are The 'Social Applications' on Your Phone?
- Question: "What Are The 'Social Application' of Your Faith at School?
- Study: Luke 10:25-28
- Study: Matt. 5:14-16
- 2. Your Books (Mental Life)
- Study: Prov. 1:1-7
- Question: What is the Difference Between Knowledge and Wisdom?
- Illustrations (Pictures)
- Pants: know what they are vs. the wisdom of putting them on when you leave the house?
- Fork & Outlet: know not to put a fork in an outlet vs. wisdom of not doing it?
- Yellow Snow: know what yellow snow is vs. wisdom of not eating yellow snow?
- 3. Your Lunch (Physical Life)
- Illustration (Pictures: Funny Lunch Boxes from Google Images)
- Study: I Cor. 6:19
- Study: II Cor. 4:7-12
- 4. Your Bible (Spiritual Life)
- II Tim. 3:14-16
Small Group/Discussion Time:
- PHONE (social)???
- What do you think the Bible means “Love Others as You Love Yourself?
- If you did that how would that change the way you interacted with others this school year?
- BOOK (mental)???
- How would you explain the difference between knowledge and wisdom?
- Do you think you are a knowledge person or a wise person?
- LUNCH (physical)???
- How can you using your body to represent Christ this school year?
- Why do you think your physical presence as a Christ-Follower in the world is important
- BIBLE (spiritual)??
- The Bible is our “Map for Life” so why do you think people don’t read it more?
- If your read the Bible more, do you think your school year would be different? Why or Why Not?
RECENT POPULAR POSTS
10. Could feed a crowd on a limited budget? 9. Sandals and a Cool Beard....Hello! 8. Hated having fundraisers at church? 7. Loved...
These 10 fun Minute to Win It Games are all Thanksgiving themed and are perfect to play with your kids anytime in November. From the way...
Five Ticking Time Bombs Are Hidden and Time is Running Out. Which Team Will Find Them Before It Is To Late to Save Your Next Retreat....C...
LESSON: "ANGRY WORDS" * Key Passage: Matt. 5:21-22 Introduction: (something like) "Just like the game of &quo...
The Oh So Very Inspiring Kroger's Clearance Section, Right after Summer Sale!! Brings You a Quick Cheap Idea for Your Next Youth Grou...
A 5-6 Week "Basic of Belief" Series on who was and is Jesus Christ- THE ORIGINAL SUPERMAN! -Lesson 1: Who Was The Original Sup...
This is one of those classics, that has been floating around in file folders and computers for literally 18 plus years. I remember playi...