BEING A DAD AND ALSO A JH/MS YOUTH PASTOR, I HAVE SAID IT FOR YEARS. MY STUDENTS AND MY KIDS WHEN THEY WERE TODDLERS ARE ONE IN THE SAME. EACH ROLE HAS PREPARED ME FOR THE OTHER.
HERE IS THE FIRST 10 SIMILARITIES THAT CAME TO MY HEAD (be looking for part #2 coming soon..)
10. Will put anything in their mouth?...did you get that off the floor??!
9. Always want a snack? ...you just had half a pizza, a bag of chips and 2 liter?
8. In a constant state of mood swings?...why are you crying and laughing at the same time??
7. Think that farting and burping are the funniest things ever?...stop that I am trying to talk to you?!
6. Are always in need of a bath? ....here is a can of Axe and some deodorant!
5. Give them something that makes noise and they will never put it down?...would you mind putting down the pop can, we are praying?
4. Will jump off anything?.. the pulpit in the sanctuary is not a diving board!!
3. Yell random things at the most inappropriate moments?...Ham and Cheese Sandwich!!?
2. Never want to go to bed, but then fall asleep at odd moments during the day?...Real example from this last weekend- Front row at a JH/MS event with 6,000 students-sitting right in front of the speakers-while the praise band plays-the crowd is on their feet jumping--- one of my 6th boys is sitting in his chair DEAD ASLEEP!!?
1. When caught red-handed doing something wrong will still try to lie straight to your face...Did you eat the sprinkles out of the church food pantry?
(*see video below- Is this not exactly what your students would do??)
- Are we bossing or leading our Volunteers? - Are we bossing or leading our Students? - Are we bossing or leading our Parents &am...
LESSON: "ANGRY WORDS" * Key Passage: Matt. 5:21-22 Introduction: (something like) "Just like the game of &quo...
Signs #1: Understanding the Road Life is a Journey: II Tim. 4:7-8 There are 2 Ways to Trave...
Almost a year or so ago I posted an idea for a "Photo Scavenger Hunt" posting pictures to Facebook. A year later and now we hav...
10. Spend more time at church and less time with family? 9. Give out your cellphone number to everyone, especially JH girls who...
10. So, what do you really do for a living? 9. What do you do all week? 8. It must be nice to sit in your office, pray and re...
HEY, Guess What!!? We just passed a milestone a few weeks back... 50 TOP TEN LISTS. Don't feel bad if you missed it, I did too. I di...
Tweens and Instagram: How to Do It Right by: Scott Shamberg When the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary happened in ...